Station10 was the codename for Bletchley Park, the home of the WW2 code breakers. We might not have a top-secret base (…we’re based in Farringdon!), but like them, we decode vast amounts of data to crack seemingly impossible problems.
We translate data into everyday language that drives positive change and accelerates strategic growth for a range of “big-name” clients, through defining, improving and transforming the digital and customer experience.
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Data Scientist to join our growing team, to play an important part in our fast-paced and collaborative environment. The successful candidate will work across several projects focused on modelling complex business problems and deploying data products at scale whilst delivering excellent client satisfaction. You will have a fantastic opportunity to manage and deliver results for leading enterprises, and will play a vital role in the growth and strategic direction of our company.
- Lead on data science projects with support from the team
- Design and build models using algorithms appropriate to data volume, type, quality and velocity
- Develop machine learning models on diverse datasets across structured and unstructured data
- Present and depict the rationale of findings in simple, engaging and easy to understand business terms to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Provide support to commercial teams with scoping new data science engagements
- Mentoring more junior data scientists encouraging team-wide diffusion of knowledge and being a source of analytical best practice
- Accountable for ensuring projects are delivered to high quality standards and play an essential part in the smooth and successful course of the project – time tracking, budget management
- Build strong relationships with client stakeholders, ensuring that Station10 successfully delivers operational solutions and client service excellence
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 3+ years of experience in a similar data science role
- Substantial industry experience in predictive modelling and analysis
- Experience in building and deploying machine learning models in a cloud environment
- In-depth understanding of traditional ML algorithms – being able to explain their inner working, NN knowledge a plus
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Python, knowledge of another programming language (such as R, Julia, Scala, Java, C etc.) a plus
- Able to write production level code – well-written and explainable
- Hands on experience with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure), building and deploying data pipelines
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritising needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills as well as an attention to detail
- Ability and confidence to mentor junior data scientists and to set them up for success
- Proven experience delivering descriptive and/or predictive analytics solutions to drive business benefit
- Excellent interpersonal skills – exceptional relationship building skills both with direct team members and stakeholders; with an ability to explain complex technical problems to a business audience in a succinct and accessible form
- Company Bonus scheme and pension matching
- Excellent development programs with dedicated training budgets
- 25 days holiday – with additional holidays added based on length of service
- Regular staff social activities and Summer Away Day
- Flexible working hybrid (part home-based and office-based)
- Great office location – based in the heart of Farringdon
- Access to the EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) 24/
- Data for Social Good programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Cover
- Pension scheme
Being part of a growing team provides a fantastic opportunity for both personal development and career advancement.
Here at Station10, we’ve always believed that understanding data means understanding people. For the last ten years, we’ve been translating data into meaningful insights for our customers. We truly believe that a diverse & inclusive environment improves us as a team and we foster an environment where all ideas are welcome and encouraged. We value differences of opinions and strive to challenge ourselves continuously to provide the best industry leading solutions for our clients as well as create the best environment to work in.
This role plays an important part in our growth plan and we look forward to welcoming the right candidate into the Station10 family.