Station10 was the codename for Bletchley Park, the home of the WW2 code breakers. We might not have a top-secret base (…we’re based in Farringdon!), but like them, we decode vast amounts of data to crack seemingly impossible problems.
We translate data into everyday language that drives positive change and accelerates strategic growth for a range of “big-name” clients, through defining, improving and transforming the digital and customer experience.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team, to play an important part in our fast-paced and collaborative environment. The successful candidate will work across multiple clients focused on developing data products and services, helping integrate them into business environments. There will be a particular focus on ingesting, transforming and supporting data processes using a variety of third-party tools. You will have a fantastic opportunity to support in delivering results for leading enterprises, playing a vital role in the growth and strategic direction of our company.
- Deliver data engineering projects in collaboration with the specialist teams/PM
- Apply advanced data integration methods to massive data sets in order to create solutions which can be utilised in descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Design and develop business solutions using a range of tools (Alteryx, Snowflake, Databases in cloud environments etc.)
- Work with ETL tools to ingest and transform data sets from a variety of data sources
- Use Python or Java to build cloud-based data pipelines
- Learn multiple languages and latest trends to a professional level
- Ensure projects are delivered to high quality standards and play an essential part in the smooth and successful course of the project – time tracking, budget management
- Build strong relationships with client stakeholders, ensuring that Station10 successfully delivers operational solutions and client service excellence
Experience and Qualifications:
- 2-3+ years of experience in a similar data engineering or developer role
- Minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong competence in SQL and a solid understanding of data architecture (e.g. Databases, data lakes)
- Competent in Python (or equivalent language) and knowledge of another programming language (such as NodeJS, Scala, Java, C, R etc.) beneficial
- Able to write production level code – well-written and explainable
- Knowledge of Git version control
- Demonstrable experience working with APIs
- Hands on experience with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure) beneficial
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritising needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, organisational, and time management skills as well as an attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills – exceptional relationship building skills both with direct team members and stakeholders; with an ability to explain complex technical problems to a business audience in a succinct and accessible form
- Company Bonus scheme and pension matching
- Excellent development programs with dedicated training budgets
- 25 days holiday – with additional holidays added based on length of service
- Regular staff social activities and Summer Away Day
- Flexible working hybrid (part home-based and office-based)
- Great office location – based in the heart of Farringdon
- Access to the EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) 24/7
- Data for Social Good programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Cover
- Pension scheme
Being part of a growing team provides a fantastic opportunity for both personal development and career advancement.
Here at Station10, we’ve always believed that understanding data means understanding people. For the last ten years, we’ve been translating data into meaningful insights for our customers. We truly believe that a diverse & inclusive environment improves us as a team, and we foster an environment where all ideas are welcome and encouraged. We value differences of opinions and strive to challenge ourselves continuously to provide the best industry leading solutions for our clients as well as create the best environment to work in.
This role plays an important part in our growth plan, and we look forward to welcoming the right candidate into the Station10 family.